Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2015

...and I'm STILL at it.

I don't even know how much I was bench pressing today, but I did it 50 times - way past failure, ha!  The intervals for that were PUSH UPS on the bar (I pointed out that the bench presses were already working my chest, to which Tom the Trainer replied, "Yes, indeed.") and step back lunges.

Then fifty lat pulldowns of 80 pounds each, and five rounds of one minute step ups on a 3" high step to allegedly keep my heart rate up in between the lat pulldowns.  And let me tell you, I get a look if I'm not stepping fast enough.

THEN 120 effing reverse crunches with 100 kicks on each leg.  After five reps, when Tom said "Five more rounds to go!" I actually swore.  And then I did it.

Add to this the hot flashes I have been experiencing for the past month and I'M ON FIRE!  I should be burning calories at an AMAZING rate!

Now, I've been working on my nutrition (remember, you can't outrun your fork) and I think I've finally got the ratios close.  I've started Nutrisystem to get the fat off faster but I still make sure to get the protein/carb/fat ratios Tom has laid down.  We talked briefly about my nutrition a few weeks ago, before I left "town" for a week.  I haven't been losing because I haven't been focused.  Tom said he wanted to see me losing at least 1.5 pounds a week.  I said I know I haven't been as diligent as I can be.  Tom said three little words that have stuck with me ever since.

"We have goals."

I think of this now every time I'm tempted to rebel against myself.  I have goals. And I'm going to achieve them.




No comments: