Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas in the Place Where Wishes Come True (unless what you're wishing for is affordable prices)

As promised, here are some pics from our recent Disney World expenditure -- er, adventure.  We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, where we were able to see all kinds of wild animals from the safety of our balcony.




I have to admit, the lobby of the hotel was spectacular, all done up for Christmas.





Of course, there were gigantic Christmas trees at each of the theme parks as well.







The weather was gorgeous for our stay, and our favorite part of the trip was seeing the Wild Animal park.  We could actually SEE some of the animals!  Imagine!  When I think of the countless times I tried to see gorillas at the San Diego zoo, and they were always hiding....






Very cool fake tree.



I was looking through the window in this enclosure and announced "Nope, nothing in here."  I turned my head to the right and there they were.  "Except these tigers," I added.

Of course, there was the usual Disney-esque stuff as well, including this little beauty parlor which churned out princesses by the dozens,

and this new rollercoaster I was unable to ride because it seems everyone in Florida wanted to ride it that day.


Oh, well.

While not my favorite vacation of all time, it was nice to get away with the old man.  It was a little loud at times, especially during meals, but room service was okay.  Of course there were thousands of small children, but the place caters to them and that's to be expected.  I wasn't expecting to find them bellied up to the bar, but ....



It's a kid-friendly place, isn't it?

What Ted and I couldn't figure out is why the Disney stock we bought for our smallest grandchildren a few years ago hasn't budged - yet this place was raking in the dough.
Hmm.

Fun was had.  That's what counts.

Ted and I in our flying car.



A fool and his money, Mickey.
 Next time - Amsterdam!

No comments: