Search This Blog

Friday, September 27, 2013

Call of the Milder

My beloved Sister and BIL #2 recently visited, and the highlight was a pheasant hunt at the fabulous Gateway Game Reserve in nearby Madras (thanks to Steve and Faith for such a great hunt!).  Now, I've been a hunter since I met Ted, but in recent years I just can't bring myself to take a life without a reason.  So I decided to shoot just the camera.  Brace yourselves for a ton o pics.

Is there anything more unattractive than
that humongous shooting vest?  No, especially
not those fabulous pants



Me and sis, before she had to put on
the ugly vest so she had a place for her shells.

The shooters, prepared for the hunt.

Cary and Ted

This boy's name has escaped me, but
he left all the work to the female German shorthair


Sister shooting a pheasant.  This was my first pheasant
hunt, and they really do, like Ted says, fly away
from you like a lumbering B52.









Fabulous shot, but alas, this one
was not to be





Look at that haul!


Then, of course, the feasting began.


Not happy - even 40 lbs
lighter, I look fat?? Bull!


Sister made an awesome zuke fry dish,
and this was her prep station.



Just a few nice wines were had.


















Good times!  Oh, and we also had a wonderful fresh salmon lunch....

Couresty of Novelli Bros







I miss them already, and even though we'll see each other again at Christmas, and even though I love, love, love Central Oregon, I wish we were closer geographically.  Even though we couldn't be closer in my heart.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hank was the boy dog. The awesome girl dog's name is Willow.