Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Lullabies to Teddi Marie



Polka Dots and Moonbeams

A pug nose dream


…when you awake, we'll patty patty cake,
and ride the silver little pony.

Winkin, Blinkin and Nod one night
Sailed off in a wooden shoe….

…when I am old enough,
I'll be a clown.

Way down in Killarney, many years ago,
My mother sang a song to me….

Hush little Teddi, don't say a word,
Grandma's going to buy you a mockingbird….


Sleep in my arms while you still can,
Childhood is but a day….

There were many more, songs I grew up with, songs I remember hearing just before I drifted off to sleep as a little girl.  Because both of Teddi's parents are sailors, and because this was one of my favorite lullabies, here are all the words to this one:

Teddi's boat the silver moon,
Sailing in the sky.
Sailing o'er the sea of sleep
As the clouds roll by.

Sail, Teddi, sail
Out upon that sea.
Only don't forget to sail
Back again to me.

Welcome to the world, dear little one.




<3

No comments: