Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

A Great Week

All in all, a pretty great week last week:

That's right.  I give myself stars.

I got ALL my cardio done, and my nutrition was right there five days out of seven - carbs were good on the other two but I was low on protein.  This is the first week I've focused on the nutrients and not just the calories and guess what?  The calories took care of themselves - I was at or below my target every single day.

And I lost two pounds.

Training was tough this first week back from vacation, and Tom didn't pull any punches.  There were two times I honestly believed I would have to stop whatever we were doing in the middle of my sets. I don't know how I kept going, but I know at one point on those blasted kicks, I gritted my teeth and stared hard at the middle of that bag, determined to finish strong.  Once, when I was doing cable cross overs, I honestly thought back muscles were going to quit before I could even finish the second set - Tom just said one word:  "Focus."  So I did.  Truly, I am amazed at what this 54 year old body can do.

I'm very excited to be on this "roll" of success, and want nothing more than to keep it going.

Some more random pics from vacation:

Auckland - which, incidentally, has the largest
marina in the southern hemisphere.

I love road signs in foreign countries.  "Way Out" for exit!
"Give Way" for yield!  And this for "Heads Up!"

The sheep station near Queenstown, taken from...

...this boat.

Our Queenstown hotel is in the middle of this photo.

Ted and the Giant Sequoia

A tree on the Routeburn Track

Some of the wildlife we saw along the track


Our hotel view from the Franz Josef room

Pretty Australian money - with women other than the Queen
on it

The food was great pretty much everywhere

Sunset in Queenstown



No comments: