Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Life of Mohammad

That was the topic of training today - while I could still talk, that is.  I'm watching a documentary by this name via Amazon Prime while on the treadmill/cycle for cardio and it's quite interesting.  Muslims have as many zany stories about their prophet as the old testament does about its.  I was telling Tom about one of them involving a flying horse as I lunged across two parking lots and back - kind of ironic that I'm lunging toward the McDonald's drive-thru, but there you are.


Lunging....

...toward McDonalds.  While discussing Islam.

Tom the Trainer is a devout methodist (in fact, he attends the same church our former neighbors took us to when we first moved here, for free workouts.  We called it Sweatin' with the Methodists), but doesn't try to talk theology much with me, because he knows I'm not a christian, but I'd like to think my sharing this documentary with him enabled him to learn a few things, too.

Anyway, after lunging across the parking lots (did I say there were two?) , we went back into the gym to commence the weights.  More effing bicep curls with the 45 pound bar,


then some tricep extensions with 12 pound weights,
Some chest presses with 70 pounds on,


Me:  Didn't we work the chest Monday?
Tom:  And the back.  Eight....

Alternate those with body squats

Which are a little painful after lunging,

and some more of these blasted things.

To say nothing of twenty sets of one-minute planks on Monday.  Today,

Tom:  And you're finished!
Me:  What, no planks?

HA!  I'm a riot!  And my upper arms are now too big for my medium tee shirts, that I struggled and Medifasted myself into two years ago.  Oh well - Onward!

No comments: