Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2015

Smith Rock Summit Loop

Yesterday after training, my very fit friend Joanne led me up and then back down a mountain at Smith Rock State Park.  I'm pretty sure she said it was a 7  mile loop, at I'm going to say at least 4 of those miles were steeply up hill.  It was beautiful.












We ended up higher than Misery Ridge, and I really like this last shot of Joanne approaching Monkey Face, which is a famous climbing rock around here.

I had to stop and rest several times (including on the climb to the parking lot which was like at a freaking 90 degree angle), so I'm calling it 2 hours 30 minutes of hard cardio - which, after I ate 1400 calories yesterday, still resulted in a deficit of  about 1400 calories, woo hoo!  And this is not counting the 45 minutes of training earlier in the morning, so I'm pretty stoked.

Then of course, I had to get reacquainted with my old friend, Epsom Salts.  Love you, Ms. Salts.

I'm a little worried about today's training session....



No comments: