Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hey, two days in a row!

Today was a strength-training day, so off to the Redmond Parks and Rec center for the Power Cut class, which is awesome and totally kicks my butt.

I have started parking a mile away and running to the class along the canal trail, which regrettably looks like this in the winter months:




Imagine how awesome it will be in the spring and summer - I know it becomes a raging torrent, just like the nearby rivers.

Here's the view going the other direction, in case you were wondering.

Anyhoo, I start running and that little negative voice in my head starts whining about the cold and how tired my legs are from yesterday's timed run, and of course the runner in my head said, "Just do it, for Bob's sake" and so I did.

Good thing too, because I only give myself just enough time to be ten minutes early, and for this class that's almost not enough time to get set up.  We were so full up today we ran out of steps and the instructor was using some kind of bin lid.


Sixty-five minutes later, the instructor asked me how I did, and I informed her that I would be walking back to my car today, instead of running.  Ow.

I had a great lunch with one girlfriend,  delivered some eggs to the neighbors, walked three miles in the afternoon with another girlfriend, and accepted a ride home from a third at the three mile point because my legs were just worn out.

Here I am in my wonderful Buff, just before Sue picked me up, ha!
According to MyFitnessPal, I burned about 500 calories for other than life support today.  I think that's a new record, so Sue and I are going to have some wine later.

Do any of you use MyFitnessPal to track your calories/workouts?
What's your workout record in a single day?
Anyone else have a Buff?  Those things can be made into just about anything!

No comments: