Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

...and a River Runs Through This.

The other day I decided I would finally FIND the Deschutes River Trail, especially since I think I ran a piece of it during the Happy Girls Half Marathon last month.  I dug out an article I had read about it with a map, laced up and drove to Bend.

I started at the same starting point as the half, which brought back great memories (I finished a half marathon, yay!) and started jogging up the trail.  Until I saw this and had to take a picture.


I continued to run, then had to take a picture of this, too.


And this.

Then this.


Then I just gave up running for a while and took more pictures of the beautiful day, Deschutes River, and surrounding awesomeness.




 I DID run down the other side, since I figured I'd already seen the river, until I got to Farewell Bend Park, and realized it was a stone's throw from Riverbend Park.  Literally.  I think I could have picked up a rock, thrown it from here, and hit Riverbend Park.  They should have named Bend Parkville.  Or maybe Parksburgh.



I'm making a list of the other trails I'm determined to find and run.  I <3 Oregon.

No comments: