Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Still Waiting....

...for a day warm enough and calm enough and dry enough to paint my fabulous new chicken coop.  I walked with the girlfriends this morning and it snowed on us - not even snizzle, but flat out SNOW.  I'm never going to get those birds out of my mechanical room and into their ever-so-spacious coop and run! Maybe there's no rush, but the little dinosaurs are now eating three times the initial amount of feed, and if I can get them in the coop/run with the big feeder, then no more filling up the little chick tray three times a day.   No more cleaning out the brooder box once a week (because what goes in, must come out).
Hm.  Well, at least the crocus came up beautifully, the daffodils are on the way, and the tulips should be glorious in time for our Second Annual Leaving Las Vegas Party.  And who knows, I  may even be able to start some seed indoors next week.
Patience was never one of my virtues.

1 comment:

Mary LaDouceur said...

When the sun comes out in a a few days, you're gonna be slammed and dreaming of just a few minutes' rest. And sublimely happy!