Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Not Your Grandma's Chicken Coop

Remember when the coop was new?  Painted a nice neutral brown to  match the house and comply with the CC&Rs?  Here's a little reminder:
Then I got a little creative and painted the trim (also to match the house), but painted the doors and nesting boxes red (sorry, no picture). 

But one evening when I was browsing dresses online (I have two weddings coming up, after all), I became INSPIRED by the new Lilly Pulizter collection.  So now, here's what people driving by can see from the road:
And here's what we see when we go out to the coop:
Beautiful, if I say so myself.

Of course, the dress that inspired me is not quite age-appropriate (length-wise, anyway), it's still a beauty. 

I suppose Lilly might not appreciate inspiring a paint job for a chicken coop, but c'est la vie, Lil.  I like it. 

I also suppose the cows breaking in from BLM land behind us might object to the color scheme and report me to the HOA, but no one else can see it unless I invite them to look.

I do know that Bruce at the paint desk at Home Depot has practically begged me for pictures (I bought the wildest colors he's ever sold, I think), and I will be happy to comply :-)

3 comments:

Chrisbriding said...

Very cool! Did you freehand this? I'm impressed.

CaroE said...

Yes, I did - and you can tell when you get close up! Painting is harder than I thought it would be....

Chrisbriding said...

Well, it looks beautiful!! Love it.