Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Round up at the Embry Corral (and other stuff)

One morning last week, I awoke (much like the little lord Jesus) to the sound of cattle lowing.  Since it was louder than usual, I looked out the back of the property, and lo and behold, there were cows there.  On our side of the fence.  Ted was out of town, so while driving to the gate to get the morning paper, I was trying to figure how I was going to unhook the ATV from the battery charger to herd the cows out the gate, when a pickup trip drove in, stopped by my car and asked if I'd seen any cows.  What a coincidence!
The cowboy and girl followed me to our lot, drove out to our far corral, and unloaded their own ATV to begin the round up.



The cows made a break for the neighbors, but ended up going peaceably back to the BLM land.



Oh, life on the range here in Oregon!

On another note, here are some pics of the seedlings in the booby-trapped mechanical room.


And here are some pics of the first year tulip bed.  There's plenty of room for spread so I can hardly wait for next year when they take over that space and I can remove the little wire fence.


Of course, now there are purple, coral and striped tulips up, making for a much prettier bed.

Finally, Ted bought himself a bike today and we took the bikes out for a little spin on the upper loop.  About a mile from the house, it began to hail.    A painful race to the front door, let me tell you!

No comments: