Search This Blog

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Getting Bigger

This is going to be a weird journey for me - at my most recent training session, Tom told me I needed to take my measurements.  I assured him I had done so the week before I started with him.  He then asked me whether I was flexed at the time.





In this new world of muscle mass I have entered, I am apparently supposed to take my arm and leg measurements flexed.  And I'm not supposed to measure my thighs at their widest point, but at a few inches above the knee.  I'm also supposed to end my love affair with the scale, because I may end up gaining some weight.



Tom (and all the literature and research I've consulted) assures me that the shape of my body will be changing, and I could end up weighing the same (OR MORE!) but wearing several sizes smaller because my body fat percentage will be lower, and I'll have more lean muscle mass.


Well, okay then.

I don't know about ditching the scale - we're dear old friends and go way, way, way back.  Maybe I can cut back to just weighing myself once a week....(hey, I never claimed to have NO addictions)

So let's call Sunday the day.  Today I am down 3 pounds and .5% body fat from last Sunday.  I'll be redoing my measurements later - and I even got some calipers to double check the scale's call on my body fat percentage.  Since the Vikings have a bye this week, maybe I'll learn how to use those, too.


No comments: