Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My New Best Friends

Wow, I trained today instead of tomorrow because Tom the Trainer has a conflict tomorrow, so that's two days in a row.  It's a good thing I drink so much water and decaf green tea, because I don't think I had any fluids left.

We usually do kicks once or twice a week, and I did them yesterday - about 100 total in sets of twelve on each leg.

He holds, I kick.

Today, after some warm up, one of our supersets was kicking this SOB again, only FIFTY times per leg for FOUR rotations, alternating with modified burpees.  Again, I said to him something like, You've once again lost your mind, to which he replied something like, Carolyn - we have goals.  I need to do my part to help you achieve them.  I therefore cursed my goals and kicked the crap out of that bag for a total of FOUR HUNDRED TIMES.  And when my kicks got a little lower because I was so EXHAUSTED, Tom looked at my strikes and pointed out that I needed to be higher, hitting the laces of my shoe hard and pivoting more with my hip so I was working my core and not so much my legs.  Let me tell you, the last five on each leg were kicked with some POWER, so I'm proud of myself.  I pretended that bag was Nikki.  And after 100 kicks, the modified burpees were like a break.  Until the end of the 90 seconds, that is.

Then we did a lot of chest work, and while I didn't note the weight amount, it was a biiiiig plate.  I needed help almost from the get go.

Which leads me to my two new best friends:

I'm loving my foam roller so much I have to leave it in the living room.

I need stock in this company.

And look what I saw during my cardio yesterday:



Just looked down and there it was.  :-D

No comments: