Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pre-Christmas Update

Two days in a row again, because I made a bunch of pre-Christmas appointments for tomorrow when I was just training Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Whew.

We did a lot of things today, as we usually do, including planks on a ball


five sets of one minute each as part of a superset which included kicks and crunches.

We also did something like this


only I had to tap my rear onto the ground and pull completely up into a more straight angled position.  Exhausting.

But I would really like to talk about Friday, especially since I still can't stretch out my triceps as a result.

I searched the internet for a photo  depicting the reverse-triceps-pushup-on-a-bar thing we did, but I came up with nothing.  This makes me think (a) Tom the Trainer made it up and/or (b) no one else in the world can do it.

Regardless, here's the closest thing I found:


First, Tom the Trainer demonstrated, as he usually does, by doing about five repetitions.  Easily.

Imagine instead of hanging on rings, this guy is me, with my feet on the ground, leaning forward on a bar with my hands together.  I then dip down so my head is below the bar and I feel as though I'm going to fall on my face, and then I push back up with my arms to the starting position.  Four sets of ten.  At first I would step forward to catch myself, but Tom the Trainer said I had to catch myself with my arms.  Then it was so hard to push back up, he had to help me by pulling on my shoulders.  I of course complained then, because I felt like I wasn't doing enough work (despite the fact I probably couldn't have made it back up without the help), but Tom said no, he was just keeping me steady.  I didn't believe it until the next day.  And  now, four days later I'm a real believer.  Owie.

I have one more day this week, and then I'll miss all of next week :-(  I'll do my best to at least keep up with my cardio until I can get back to the gym.

Merry Christmas to all.









No comments: